Useful Weather Links
- Cliff Mass THE expert on NW weather. His blog (and his excellent book) are must reads.
- Citizen Weather Observer Program Quality Check of this Weather Station as determined by NWS
- Weather Underground The most popular internet weather site.
- WeatherBug The other most popular internet weather site.
- NWS Metar Page Western Washington Stations reporting to the NWS. (Check your microclimate)
- Northwest Weather Network Weather stations and current weather in the Pacific Northwest
- City of Seattle Snow Watch Seattle has planted temperature sensors in Seattle city streets. Use this site to track winter conditions before you get out and drive in questionable conditions.
- Glossary of Meteorology
- Federal Meteorological Handbook No. 1
- S'COOL Cloud Types Audio/Visual Tutorial
- Web Weather for Kids
- NOAA Education Resources
- NWS Weather Website for Kids
- USA Today - Weather Basics
- WXForum.net Weather geeks' place to hang out.
Weather Station Info
- Davis Instruments Weather stations Davis Vantage Pro or Vantage Vue recommended
- Weather-Display Weather Station Software This station's primary software. Very detailed!
- Stratus Professional Rain Gauge Low cost and excellent way to get started in weather watching.
- Cumulus Weather Station software
- Weather Watch Forums Support for WD software
- Ambient Weather: Station Reviews and Install Guide, Virtual Weather Station software
- La Crosse Technology
- Oregon Scientific